Tuesday, March 20, 2007

my fickle heart

having just proclaimed my renewed love for roxie, i have some rather disturbing news. most days i can accept the fact she has a brain the size of a pea and try to make certain allowances. when she licks my face i think its sweet, and when she gives me a gentle nibble i understand her tiny mind can't differentiate between a piece of alfalfa and a human being. tonight she was being especially needy, making squeaking, pick-me-up noises whenever someone walked into the room. my frigid heart softened to the temperature of refrigerated cookie dough and i picked her up each time. those noises really get to me, perhaps because i am routinely so noisy that i gravitate towards others of similar diaphragm (or is it diaphragmatic?) strength. she discovered a new trick tonight, perching on my shoulder like a bird while i worked on the computer. it was 75% cute and 25% weird. i let it go. the next thing i know roxie has chomped down on the top of my ear like it was her next carrot. now, oddly enough, i can handle my 11 year old dog biting me harder and more often but what i cannot handle is a little rodent, masquerading as a friendly snuggle creature, biting my ear like it was her birthright. chopin at least knows she's been bad. roxie, however, does not even have the decency to understand she has caused me pain, much less act accordingly and win me back.
thus, i have decided she is evil.

1 comment:

lesliecameron said...

BUNNICULA!!!!! In guinea pig form, of course.