Thursday, January 25, 2007

joined at birth? i think not

i've started referring to george as my cojoined twin. thankfully, and impossibly, my father and i have not been joined since either of our births (although when i was little my dad did always used to say i was an apple in his eye even before i was born). instead this arrangement has come about more recently and it's really quite cute. george, chopin, and i all spend the majority of the day together in addition to the entire night. roxie has been thrown into the mix this week due to a tragic fall that will not be discussed in detail. nevertheless, she has been recovering at the house with the three of us. we're cute because this is what, i think, family is all about. arguing (mostly in the good way) and being together all day while doing joint activities. in an even better turn of events, george and i aren't even remotely cojoined physically but more in the mental, spiritual, and practical realms. maybe it's like george is the brain and i'm the brawn. sweet. it goes like this:
dad - turn the fan down one pull.
me, pulling the fan's cord - just one?
dad - maybe more, let me see how it goes.
i sit down and pull the blanket over my lap
dad - the fan is fine, can you refill my water with ice cubes to make it colder?
me, getting up and refilling his water and adding ice cubes - anything else?
dad - yes, i need my heating pad out here. can you heat it for 2 minutes and 22 seconds?
and so the day progresses. maybe since i'm the brawn my muscels will start getting big and brawny too. either way, tomorrow we go on an adventure to uva and won't be back for a bit.

No comments: