Saturday, February 17, 2007

protocol must be obeyed

i have a lot of systems for living life. i don't pay attention to things enough to remember them later. 'did i already brush my teeth?' and 'did i take my medicine?' are my two main concerns. maybe other people have these problems, i'm not sure. maybe i just have enough time (and the luxury) to be incredibly forgetful and lazy - really brushing my teeth and taking my medicine are the two things i MUST do every day, everything else i am fine going without. however, due to my inability to remember, i've tried to compensate. i've got systems. when i wake up in the morning, if i take my medicine i turn on the fish light. additionally, if i brush my teeth the toothbrush goes from the right side of the sink to the left. without these clues in my day, things get dicey in the morning. usually i brush my teeth twice and don't take my medicine if i am unsure; it seems like the best backup policy. these systems have been explained to mom, who now understands the ramifications of well meaning interference with said objects. from now on you can expect my morning routine to be flawless. lies. but definitely better than life without aforementioned systems in place!

No comments: